Friday, January 7, 2011

Journal Reflection on "The Pearl" by John Steinbeck

So far, I didn't really enjoy reading the pearl. One of the most interesting parts was when the scorpion jumped off the rope and Kino tried to catch it. Another interesting part was when Kino found the pearl. The final part that i found interesting was when the person came into the straw house and tried to dig up the pear land Kino and attacked the intruder with his knife. That was really all that I found entertaining. Not that I'm saying that the book is bad, it's just not exciting. Well, not as exciting as I would like it to be. I like lots of action and suspense. That's why I likes those parts of the book. When Kino saw that giant clam, it made me wonder if it would have a big pearl, it kept me guessing. The rest of it didn't really seem to stand out or really interest me as much.

No comments:

Post a Comment