Friday, January 7, 2011

Will the pearl destroy Kino's family?

Juana mentioned that the pearl will destroy the family. I agree with Juana. I believe it will because everyone seems to be jealous of Kino. Like they said in the book "The towns people all became Kino's enemy". And the doctor tricked Kino into giving away where it was hidden. and then later that night, someone came into their straw house and tried to dig up the pearl. People all over the town wants the pearl for themselves. Another reason is because it might go straight to Kino's head. He already has a bunch of ideas about what to do with the money. My last reason is because Kino's actions tell me that he is insecure. Ever since the person broke in, Kino acted weird with "the song of evil" constantly playing in his head. He felt he couldn't trust anyone. He could only trust Juana. And Juana said that the pearl will destroy the family. I predict that Kino will get rid of the pearl.

No comments:

Post a Comment