Friday, January 14, 2011

Reflection onThe Pearl

Now that I've read the book, I can honestly say that it was really good. Other than all of the confusing parts and some advanced vocabulary every now and again, I enjoyed the book. A part that I found confusing was in the last chapter when Coyotito was crying and the watcher person with the rifle shot him in the head, how could that happen if Coyotito was in the back of the cave with Juana? My favorite part was when coyotito started to cry and Kino sort of sprung into action. I think the moral of the story is with great fortune, comes great misfortune. By that, I mean when you get wealth/etc. (the pearl) comes misery (Coyotito's death). Other than the confusing parts and the advanced vocabulary, I thought it was a good book.

No comments:

Post a Comment